To get help with the legal side of things call ORB Lawyers on 08 8384 3430.
Separated, or Thinking About Divorce? Read on…
- Divorce or separation can take a toll on anyone’s personal life and when a marriage or de-facto relationship ends, it causes a great deal of personal turmoil and can be emotionally and mentally draining in the extreme. This is especially true when the separation is difficult, there is property to divide, and there are parenting issues
- If you would like to apply for a divorce in Australiayou can commence this process after you have been separated for a period of no less than 12 months. If your separation is relatively straight forward you may be able to apply using a divorce kit.
- In Australia, there is a no-fault divorce approach meaning that neither spouse has to show that the breakdown of the marriage was caused by one or the other spouse.
- All the court needs to know is that the parties have been separated for a period of 12 months and that there is no possibility of reconciliation.
- There are some exceptions where the marriage was less than 2 years, exceptions which ORB Lawyers is well placed to provide specific legal advice.
- Separation between the parties does not mean that both the husband and wife must live apart. A separation can still occur even if the husband and wife continue to live under the same roof and the court will need to be satisfied that despite living under the same roof both parties are living separate lives.
- An application for divorce can be done individually, by one or the other spouse or together – jointly.
- Before applying for a divorce, proper legal advice should be sought from ORB Lawyers.
- It is a requirement under the law – the Family Law Act that any property settlement and division must be done within 12 months of the date of the date of divorce.
ORB Lawyers is a family-owned law firm that specialises in divorce and separation cases. No matter how complex, we will assist you in preparing all the necessary court documents and serving them (if required) upon your spouse.
Trust us with all law-related guidance as we work hard to take the stress out of divorce by handling all the paperwork for you and enabling a smooth as possible process of divorce and separation.
It is important to find a timely solution and as step one getting a compassionate divorce lawyer can somewhat take the pressure off in many ways
We are the trusted, reliable, and competent with sensitivity and experience to help you during challenging times.
We are a well-established law practice a have a friendly team of professionals and have the right resources and knowledge available to find better solutions for our clients.